Experience. Ambition. Dedication. Results.

Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

After you’re injured in an accident, you may have many questions that need answers. While our attorneys at Burrage Law Firm, PLLC, are always happy to address all of your questions during a free initial consultation, these are just some of the most frequently asked personal injury questions we receive in Oklahoma:

How much does it cost to hire a personal injury attorney?

You only pay for your personal injury lawyer if they are successful in securing you compensation. And even then, they receive a percentage of that compensation. That means hiring a personal injury attorney does not cost you anything upfront, and you don’t have to pay them a dime if no recovery is obtained.

How much is my case worth?

This depends a lot on the details of your case. You are generally able to receive compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, lost earning potential, property damage, and noneconomic damage such as pain and suffering. These noneconomic damages are capped in Oklahoma, however. For more information on your unique case, contact our firm today.

What should I do after a car accident?

Seek medical treatment. Always seek medical treatment immediately following an accident, even if you feel fine. The earlier you spot an injury, the better chance you have at receiving full compensation for that injury. One of the biggest mistakes accident victims make is talking to the insurance company before they receive medical care.

Why can’t I just take the insurance company’s offer?

Insurance companies rarely do what’s best for your well-being. They operate for profit and will always find a way to offer you as little as they can. That is why you should always have an attorney to communicate on your behalf to ensure you receive every penny to which you are entitled.

What if I’m hit by an uninsured motorist?

If you are hit by an uninsured motorist or injured in a hit-and-run accident, you need to turn to your own insurance company for compensation. However, they will only pay you if you have uninsured motorist coverage.

Everybody should make sure they have this coverage as a part of their auto insurance policy. If you don’t have it, or your coverage is too low, then you will have no way to secure compensation after an accident.

For answers to more of your questions, call our office in Durant at 580-380-4005 or reach out to us online for more information. We offer free initial consultations — so call today!